First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
How did you spend your NYE? Did you watch the countdown? I’m not even gonna lie I spent all night working on TGR updates. I probably would have slept had I not taken a nap earlier in the day.
2017 was an alright year. I ended 2016 by researching how to partner with beauty brands. My research paid off and I am happy to end 2017 with 3, working on the 4th, brand partnerships!! I did not reach my goal of 500 YouTube or 100 blog subscribers BUT, I am almost at 20K channel views and I outdid myself on the Gram and Facebook!!! Outside of the blog and the YouTube channel I changed careers, moved 16 hours FROM my home state of South Carolina, switched bases for my job and moved 16 hours BACK to my home state of South Carolina. I visited my grandmother for the first time since I was around 5. I traveled to Canada, although for work, 3 times. I fell in love, I had my heart-broken and as a result, I learned to love myself even more. As I reflect upon this past year I am happy to say I have no regrets. I look forward to 2018 and the growth it will bring. I actually saw this interesting meme on Facebook and Instagram last week that I believe is fitting in some way shape or form to everyone’s 2017
“Going into 2017 in peace…
If you owe me, Don’t worry about it! If you feel I wronged you, I apologize!. If you feel you wronged me, It’s all good! If you’re beefing with me, You won! If we aren’t speaking, It’s cool, be safe and I will always wish you well! Life is too short! No one is promised their next breath. Live, Love, and Laugh! Peace of mind is a wonderful thing!”
A few weeks ago I shared a few of my 2018 goals on Instagram.
With only a few more hours left until the ball drops and 2018 officially begins I wanted to share a few more of my goals. I hope some of you will do the same below in the comments!
Rei’s 2018 Goal list
- Travel on behalf of my blog and/or one of my brand sponsors.
- Finalize and Open Online Store
- Start Grad School
- pass GRE
- Earn my first YouTube Check
- Earn a profit from either my blog or freelance blogging
- 500K YouTube Subscribers (Click Here to Subscribe to my Channel)
- 1000 Blog Subscribers (Click Here to Subscribe to ThatGalRei)
- Visit 3 countries
- visit 12 different states (FOR VACATION NOT WORK!!)
- Think of reasons to smile every day
- Stay organized and consistent
- Girl Issa Photo Shoot–AKA you need to do one asap–
- GET A P/.O. BOX
- Write and Publish a book
- Do something that puts you outside of your comfort zone weekly
- Make time for yourself TAKE PERSONAL DAYS WHEN NEEDED! –It’s okay to stay away from social media or ignore texts and phone calls–
- Release an e-book
- Do either a Facebook Or IG live at least 5 times this year!